web counter

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Recent Shots

This is the entrance to Katz's in Austin. Apparently some Jewish guy started a chain of restaurants with super awesome sandwiches. As for the awesomeness of the sandwiches.. Check below!

Reuben on rye.. mmmm. This is only half of the crazy, over-stuffed sandwich. I ate every last bit and still wanted another! The atmosphere was nice too. It's strange that most of Austin is very.. erm.. "Northern." Oh, and lots of hippies.

Oh by the way, we ended up in Austin by doing 12 hours of this. Alicia did great, I might add. Especially going through Dallas past midnight while I was sound asleep.. oops.

Here's the capital building too. Pretty in a big city kind of way.

The other day, I woke up to a very ugly brown camera bag sitting in my chair. When I realized that it probably had a camera inside it, I jumped out of bed and opened it. To my absolute joy, mom had gone to a yardsale that morning and picked up a 1974 Minolta SRT Super with accessories. The accessories included: ugly brown camera bag, 1970's lens cleaning kit, MC Rokkor PF 50mm/1:1.7, Sun Opt. 70-210mm/1:4, and a Vivatar flash head. I've got a roll of Kodak 400BW ready to be developed tomorrow. Oh, and the other camera is my Papaw's old Minolta. Look alike don't they? That's because the SRT Super and the SRT 102 are the exact same camera. The difference is that the SRT Super is the Japanese version. You'll also notice the 50mm lenses are different. From what I can tell, the 50mm PF came before the superior 50mm Rokkor-X PG. When I'm not using the zoom telephoto, I'll likely be using the Rokkor-X as it's widest aperture is an astonishing 1.4f. That's some serious light intake! Not to mention that the Rokkor-X has better action and the glass appears to be of higher quality. However, the PF will not go to waste. Other than being a beautiful classic lens (with a weight that tells its age), it'll be a great lens to use in situations where a lens might get damaged. If it gets a scratch or worse, I won't be too upset.

Currently my full collection of classic cameras! 1970's Yashica TL-Electro SLR, Yashinon-DS 50mm/1.9, Minolta Rokkor-X 50mm/1.4, Minolta Rokkor-PF 50mm/1.7, Milda 35mm/2.8, Minolta SRT 102 SLR, Kodak Brownie: Hawkeye 620, Minolta SRT Super SLR, Sun Opt. 70-210mm/4 Zoom, Vemar 28mm/2.8. The SRTSuper and the Hawkeye work. The Yashica has a locked-up mirror and the SRT201 has a hole in the shutter. I am currently looking into a project to convert the Hawkeye to use 110 film instead of its native (and extinct) 620.
---
Listening To: Spoon - The Delicate Place - Gimme Fiction - 2005

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO for 12 hour long drives to Texas!

WOOHOO for classic cameras and more pictures from Patrick!

WOOHOO for long blog posts!


LOL!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Dude. That reuben looks so metal.

I'm looking forward to this nicer weather (and spring) so I can start doing some more photography. Should be opportunities for lots of good shots.

I transferred all of my pictures to Flickr from deviant art. Flickr has a lot more features, is probably faster and more stable than DA, and they don't have occaisional nudey pics on the front page. Plus I'm just way too cool to put e's in my sntncs. One of the coolest things Flickr has going for it is the ability to tag photos on a map. It's pretty sweet.

I have two new pictures from a hiking trip I went on a few weeks ago. I deliberatey ripped off the "framing" thing you use. Heheh.
Here's one
Here's another

LOL!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude,
this is your dad. live your life for the Lord Jesus Christ and marry your fiancee and have a career and live the house.
Love,
dad

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home