web counter

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Life: v1


Ah yes, the "water on the grass" shot. This was shot after a fairly heavy rain one day after work. When I RAW processed it, I was sure to take out some of the warmth. I wanted that look of constant growth and health. It's usually a photography no-no to frame a shot so that the subject is centered. However, in this case I saw the subject as the "X" where the blades cross. Even then I wanted it close to the center since the flow simply worked better that way.
---
Thanks for the comments Steven! Olympus has some good cameras. I would've got an E-system camera if it weren't for the price difference and lower selection of lenses. I love how their SLR's have a vibrating sensor to keep dust off. That is friggin' awesome.
---
-Technical Mumbo Jumbo-

Camera: Canon 350D (Digital Rebel XT)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm
Filter(s): Kenko Circular Polarizing Filter
Shutter Speed: 1/100 of a second
F/number (aperture): f/8.0
ISO: 800
Focal Length: 55mm
Post: Processed RAW in CS2, minor saturation decrease, border, levels.
---
Currently Listening To: Dream Theater - Lines In The Sand - Falling Into Infinity - 1997

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home