web counter

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

28mm: Four


I've started a little series titled "28mm" . Quite simply, it's me, my 350D, and an old Vemar 28mm f2.8 lens (M42 mount, purchased for my Yashica). I don't know what the focal length adds up to on an APS-C sized sensor like the 350D's, but I know it really doesn't seem as wide as it did on the Yashica. That's fine though, it's easy to focus, and it's aperture closes from f2.8 to f22, without the M42 switch being tripped (like my 50mm Yashinon-DS). The lens is crying for a hood, any angle while in direct sunlight usually causes the lens to flare. It's okay sometimes, but other times it's far too much and certainly gives incorrect readings to the 350's exposure metering. Anyway! I love the "bubbling" in the deeper portions of this photo, combined with the warm tones, it really gives the sense of "heat" . This series is all about reacting to shots. Less planning and more shooting. It could be good, it could be bad. Either way, it's fun and a great way to use this used $30 lens.
---
-Technical Mumbo Jumbo-

Camera: Canon 350D (Digital Rebel XT)
Lens: Vemar 28mm Manual Focus
Filter(s): N/A
Shutter Speed: 1/250 sec
F/number (aperture): f/2.8
ISO: 400
Focal Length: ~28mm
Post: Processed JPEG in CS2, minor saturation increase, border, sharpened using High Pass filter, levels, color balance.
---
Currently Listening To: Evanescence - Breath No More - Anywhere But Home - 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home