web counter

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Midsummer Bloom


Naked Ladies in the heat of summer. I'm actually surprised they are doing so well. Must have been the recent rains. Either way around it, these are gorgeous flowers and great for photographing. I had accidentally left the exposure compensation on at -1.00 f/stop. Lucky for me, I was shooting RAW and could easily adjust the exposure two full stops in either direction. I should've known better, it was obviously displayed on the info screen. But oh well, still learning this camera. I think that this shot benefits a lot from the digital cross-processing. Makes for a good blend of some crazy colors. Even with the DC-P, the colors of the flower stayed fairly natural and true-to-life.
---
-Technical mumbo jumbo-
Camera: Canon 350D (Digital Rebel XT)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm
Filter(s): None
Shutter Speed: 1/320 of a second
F/number (aperture): f/8.0
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 55mm
Post: Processed RAW in CS2, minor saturation increase, digital cross-processing (faded to 70% opacity), border, sharpened using High Pass filter.
---
Currently Listening To: goat - Metroid and Super Metroid - The Ice Beam Cometh - Dwelling of Duels/Rock-Out!!! - Jan 2005 Contest - 2005

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oho. I didn't know you already got your new camera. How do you like it compared to your film cameras?

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I accept your apology, there was just alot of miscommunication! Hope all is well. ~Katie

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home