web counter

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Resolved

I did something strange today. Someone from my past came in to eat today, someone that had hurt me pretty bad. I had struggled with it for a long time, hating her now and then. Ever since meeting Alicia, I have been happy about the way my life has been. Happy for every turn, every moment that brought me to her and made me someone that she could love. At first I didn't know how to react, no other customers were in the building, and I wasn't sure if she'd recognize me. I still don't know if she did. But even if she didn't recognize me, there was something I had to do for myself. A "I forgive you" and a "thank you for doing what you did." So I paid for her and her friend's meal anonymously. It seemed to have made their day, and I've felt like a huge weight just released itself from me. Thanks Leah, for doing what you did years ago. I'm with someone now that is everything I ever dreamed and more.
---
Currently Listening To: Metallica - Outlaw Torn - S&M - 1999

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty neat. There's nothing quite like that whole getting-it-off-your-chest thing.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really proud of you Patrick! I remember when you were going through that whole ordeal. Even though it was a long time ago I'm sure it was still kind of hard for you to do. I definately can't say that I would be able to do that to some people who have wronged me in the past. But then again I kind of have a problem with holding onto grudges, I hate it but it's the truth.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home