web counter

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Wow, what a suprise! I come home to 30 messages on deviantart, all of them favs from people. This photo was featured in a Deviant's journal (the deviant is a photo club exposing artists with less than 10,000 pageviews). It brought quite a bit of attention. Even better, the journal was a late post, so when the busy hours hit tomorrow, I'll get even more views. This is really awesome. By the way, thanks Steven for the comment. I'm sorry your camera is broken.. :-P I think I'd cry if mine broke. Hehehe.. Anyway, this really makes me happy. Especially since I've favorited close to 2,000 deviations. That's a lot of browsing. I'm also about to hit 2,600 pageviews! Yaaaay, for once I'm getting noticed. Now I've just got to keep it up and continue improving. Canon Digital Rebel XT... droool. If I can do well with a little A520, an SLR would be quite the asset.

In other news, I had an experience with a large, rabid dog today. I was about to leave to go to the (gay) rodeo, when I see this huge red dog standing next to Nathan's car. He's staring straight at me, tail straight back. I ask the dog "are you friendly?" and he growls at me. At this point I think "Oh, CRAP." I calmly look over at Nathan and say "do something." He says "hey!" and the dog looks. I make a mad dash for the door and get inside. Mind you, this dog had mad amounts of foam coming out of its mouth.

Well, I go back to my room and grab my .22 out of the closet. I grab a small handful of bullets and load one shot. As I'm walking back to the door I'm shaking, realizing I was a few feet away from this obviously insane and unhealthy dog. This dog was huge. I was pretty scared. So I get to the door and there it is, walking around anxiously, like it didn't know where to go or what to do, randomly growling. I open the door and scream at the top of my lungs in the most horrible voice I can. It runs to the road only to turn around, ears up and barking. I just needed the distance. I walk out and walk towards it a safe distance so that a stray bullet would go harmlessly into the treetops if it were to ricochet.

As I take aim, I yell at the dog to keep it confused and (hopefully) in the road. I click the safety and it immediately gets the low growl and look of "I'm going to charge you into the dirt and rip you apart." The dog takes two steps forward and I fire right next to its paws. The dog jumps and runs towards me! But only for a split second, enough to send me bouncing backwards, planning my route to the door. But then the dog runs full speed down the road. Talk about a sigh of relief, there was no way I would be able to load a shot fast enough and my last resort would have been a buttstroke. Not something I want to try against a huge, angry dog.

The rodeo was interesting I guess. It wasn't boring, but I really can't understand why it's such a big deal. Or why some people think it's a big deal. Oh, you big man you, you sure showed that calf who was strong. I mean come on! No wonder rednecks are made fun of so much. So ridiculous. And oh, bullriding? Yeah, that's cool. Hey, I'm going to go run my car into a tree! YEEHAAAWWW! LOLOL OMG WTF! It was fun spending time with friends, but the rodeo itself was an exercise in human stupidity. All in all I had fun though, honestly. What was very interesting, to say the least, was eating far too much ice cream with Alicia and Brit. WOW that was too much. Hahaha... Ahhh, it was a very good night.

Had a nice 10 minutes (I think) of off and on sleep on Alicia's bed while we recovered from the sugar overload. Then we hung out in the car until 1:00, talking about stuff. I did most of the talking, about fears and career choices and life in general. It was sooo good to get it all out and to hear her words concerning the subject. She is being very helpful in making my decision. There is a lot going on in my life right now, and I can't discuss all of it here yet. But I will as soon as I can. Oh, and pray for mom and dad while they are out of town. Goodnight!





Currently Listening To: Incubus - Here In My Room - A Crow Left of the Murder - 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home