web counter

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Gaming (For Fun)


Ah, yes. I have returned to the warm fires of Orgrimmar, the burning hot sun of middle Kalimdor, and the insanely idiotic banter of "Barrens Chat." This is not my first venture into the World of Warcraft, though it has been nearly a year since my last visit. At this point I can't help but think "why did I ever quit?" I'm a level 25 Undead Warlock. This is the farthest I've ever played an Undead, let alone a Warlock.

Enough has changed since last time to respark my interest. First of all, the weather effects are amazing. Never had I played a game and felt as if I was really walking through a forest in the rain. Besides the weather effects, there have been many significant improvements to all sorts of things. For one, fishing is much more practical as they've added sagefish pools (special fish that restore mana as well as health) and debris (increased chances of "catching" items or boxes of stuff). This is very good, especially since I'm an Alchemist. This means I can catch some cool stuff while fishing for Oily Blackmouths or Firefins.

Anyway, a lot of this is making no sense, I'm sure. It's like describing D&D to my parents. The whole time they're trying to be nice but can't help but bring up the fact that I'm a total nerd and that "someone killed themselves because of D&D" even though that was more than 20 years ago. Well.. at least the sistuation they would be thinking about. But I've never attempted to discuss D&D with my parents, nor have I ever had enough reason to tell mom and dad everything I know about D&D (which is limited anyway).

Nathan made a rogue and played for a while, but has recently stopped for no good reason. Oh well, suit yourself I say. I'm enjoying the heck out of it and plan on making level 60 this time. Tomorrow I have a promotion "ceremony" in Feralas. This is more or less the entire guild (Evil Ones) coming and watching me do whatever the guild leader says... around a bunch of high level mobs. I can already see the hefty repair bill for all my equipment. But it'll be worth the guild rank of "Outer Circle." Oh yes, the guild uses the same ranking system as George Orwell's 1984. Sweet.

(Falling from the Zep before having enough health to survive the fall is a bad idea)

The Realm: Dalvengyr
The Name: Vinsten
---
Currently Listening To: A Perfect Circle - Weak & Powerless (Tilling My Grave "Mix") - aMOTION - 2004

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange that you should post thigs. I've been thinking about getting back on Avalon a lot lately. It's like we're returning to old addictions :P

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*this

I was typing one-handed while eating my lunch and didn't notice the typo.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Idgit. You can't fall from the zeppelin until 40.

Have you seen all the new tiers of armor??

-Shanna

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home