web counter

Friday, June 02, 2006

OMG MINOLTA!


My Pawpaw friggin' RULES!!! I come home from work, ready to grab a shower and go to bed (I have to get up at 3:30 to go to Evansville), I walk in my room and see a camera laying on my bed. At first I think "who the heck was touching my Yashica." But then I realize.. "the strap is.. this is.. what.. the.." and shouted "A MINOLTA!!!!" Yes, I am now the VERY proud owner of a 1975 Minolta srT 102 35mm camera. Full. Working. Condition. The lens needs a tiny bit of extra cleaning and the body has some scratches, but otherwise the camera is great. I can't wait to load a roll and click away. I've missed it. My Yashica will hopefully be repaired someday.. but I'm still looking over manuals and sketches (the only available image documentation of its construction). It's too bad the Minolta uses the MC mount isntead of M42, but that's okay. The awesome 50mm stock Rokkor lens is f/1.4 . And I thought the Yashica's f/1.9 Yashinon was a crazy wide aperture. Exciting! I'm still on the way to buying a new Digital Rebel XT right after AT since film simply isn't a good idea for event/wedding photography.

In other news, I'm looking at a Real Estate agent class in Paducah. Could be interesting. All for the love of photography.
---
Currently Listening To: Third Day - I Got a Feeling - Wire - 2004

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude that's freaking awesome. Have fun :D

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home