web counter

Monday, November 06, 2006

My Halloween With Alicia

Alicia owned me (and this pumpkin) with her carving skillz.

This is so late.. Sorry Alicia! There is no good reason why this is late. I get lazy from time to time, especially when occupied by awesome games like Company of Heroes, great jobs like B. Marcum's, and an amazing girlfriend like Alicia. However late this is, the truth is that I had a blast Halloween night. No trick or treating, no crazy pranks. In fact, if it weren't for Alicia, it would've been just another night at home. I was even sick with a fever, even more reason to stay home. But as I saw how bored my Alicia had become (probably wishing she was doing something for Halloween), I decided something had to happen.
Using the film simulating plug-in again.. I love it! Mmm.. film grain.

We got to talking and she found out that I had never carved a pumpkin before. Probably something to do with mom never trusting me with a real knife... Anyway, we struck a deal that, if she drove to Wal-Mart, I would buy the pumpkins and we would carve them. Afterwards we roasted the seeds.. but they were done wrong and really weren't good for much more than 600% of the daily value of fiber. Bleh!Taken in the dark with my flash in the vertical position.

The carving was a lot of fun. She did something traditional (and ultimately much better than mine) and I tried to be over artistic and do a line carving of a cat. Fun was had, fever was lowered, homework remained undone for longer, and it was totally worth it. Good times. Thanks Alicia for a great Halloween!
---
Currently Listening To: 崎元仁 - 暗雲 (帝国バージョン) - FINAL FANTASY XII Original Soundtrack - 2006

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so welcome, and thank YOU for a great Halloween! And you should have put the closeup of your pumpkin on here. You did such a good jon on it.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! I was so far behind on reading blog posts but I am caught up. woot.

I can't remember if I've ever carved a pumpkin or not...

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so lame.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2006/11/09/slim-cameras.html

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home