web counter

Monday, October 23, 2006

Deserved


Thanks to Congressman Ed Whitfield and Col. Boggess of the Army Reserve, I finally get what I deserve for joining the military during wartime. After some jerk SSG screwed my contract and lied to me, it's good to see that SOMEONE in the Army gives a crap that I signed up. Even my Unit Admin didn't put an effort to help me out in my problem. He didn't contact a single fricking person. So with dad's help, I went higher. Much higher. Here is an excerpt of the letter I received today. The monetary values have been x'ed out, but the figure is correct.

"Private Potts is assigned to a unit within the 88th Regional Readiness Command. The Incentives Branch of this Headquarters reviewed Private Potts' contract and determined he is entitled to receive an $xxxx Non-Prior Service Enlistment Bonus, a $xxxx Quick Ship Bonus, the Student Loan Repayment Program up to $20,000, and the Montgomery GI Bill.

This Headquarters has authorized an exception policy for Private Potts to receive the bonus payment due to him. Private Potts' Unit Administrator will submit all required documentation to Fort McCoy Pay Center. Upon receipt, the Fort McCoy Pay Center will process his paperwork and Private Potts will receive payment within 4 to 6 weeks. His unit will monitor this action to ensure he receives payment."

It's about f'ing time. I will definately be writing a personal thank you to Congressman Whitfield, and he most certainly gains my vote.
---
Currently Listening To: A Perfect Circle - Thinking of You - Mer de Noms - 2000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home